What to pack for your honeymoon during a pandemic
Author: Cienna Richards
The wedding is over, the guests have gone home, and now it is time to pack for your honeymoon. While times can be extremely unpredictable right now honeymoon travel is not on pause. Your honeymoon is just as special as your wedding day if not more. It’s a time for you and your spouse to connect on a deeper level as a married couple. It’s important to plan on making your honeymoon memorable by not leaving anything behind. Here is a comprehensive list of what you’ll need to pack for your honeymoon in 2021.
- Your I.D. Depending on where you are going, you may need your driver’s license or passport, or both. Make sure you know exactly what will be required of you. When packing your I.D. put it somewhere that is easy to reach if needed to present it in a quick manner. It is also important to have photocopies of your I.D. in the event one was stolen so you can get back home.
- Airline tickets. Of course, this depends on if you’re flying, driving, taking a bus, or a train to get to your destination. Make sure that if you’re taking a bus or train that you have an acceptable ticket for that method of travel.
- Money. Having access to money will come in handy to buy food or other necessities. Make sure you have enough money on you based on where you are going. It is also important to only bring a maximum of 2 credit cards. Keep one on you at all times and the other should stay in your hotel room in the event you are robbed. Don’t forget to contact your bank to let them know where you’ll be. The last thing you need on your honeymoon is to not be able to use your credit card because your bank thinks your transactions are fraudulent.
- Masks. COVID-19 is lingering around and you need to stay safe. Bring extra masks and remember to washcloth masks daily to prevent spreading germs and getting sick.
- (Optional) Disinfectant. Bring disinfectant wipes, spray, and hand sanitizer with you on your trip to stay safe. Wipe down hotel rooms and spray down commonly touched surfaces including remotes and light switches before settling into your room.
The Hygenic Items:
- Shower Cap
- Hand Soap
- Body Wash
- Vaginal Wash
- Face Lotion
- Makeup Removing Wipes
Some of these items your hotel may already have waiting for you. Be sure to call your hotel and find out what is provided so you are not overpacking items. If flying to your destination remember overpacking can cause an additional charge depending on the airline. This is why knowing exactly what you need will come in handy for your honeymoon.
- Two Bliss-On Bridal Swimsuits. Bliss-On sells bridal inspired swimwear to make you feel like it’s still your wedding day all over again
- One Bliss-On Swimsuit cover. Bliss-On makes extremely soft and lightweight covers inspired by wedding dresses. Make your honeymoon as special as that big day.
- Bras. Bring enough bras per outfit you have.
- Socks + Panties
- 1 sweater/ cardigan. Be prepared in case it is chilly where you are going. Remember, even if it is warm outside, the A/C in some restaurants may be running on the colder side. Pack something to keep you comfortable.
- Don’t pack any more than four pairs of shoes. The goal is to have everything fit in your suitcase. Bring one pair of shoes for walking, 1 sandal for the beach or the pool, a nice shoe for dinner dates, and one pair of slippers for walking around your hotel room.
- Bring your favorite pair of earrings or necklace with you and don’t forget your wedding bands.
- Clothing - be sure to check the weather before you begin packing. Knowing exactly what you are doing will help you understand what to pack.
- Pajamas. Bring enough pajamas to wear for your time on your honeymoon.
- Socks and underwear
- 2 swimsuits
- Shoes- You will need one pair for walking, one pair to wear to the beach or pool, shoes to go out and have dinner in with your beautiful wife, and slippers for your hotel room.
- Clothes. Make sure you check the weather forecast before packing.
- A light sweater. Be sure to bring a light sweater as sometimes restaurants can get cold.
Pajamas. Bring enough pajamas to wear for your time on your honeymoon.
Extras to consider
- Feminine products
- Electrical adapter
- Sun Hats
- Insect repellent
- Ziplock bags
- Eye drops
Pro Travel Tip: While we hope that nothing happens to you while on your honeymoon, life can be unpredictable. In the event of an emergency be sure to leave your family and friends behind with some important information. Leave behind copies of your passport and driver’s license with a trusted individual. Make sure you also create a will before leaving and that it is notarized. The person you leave your will with should also have a copy of your life insurance information as well as a copy of your itinerary. Taking precautions will allow family members to care for you if something happens or goes wrong. Link to my blog for more travel tips!
Bliss-On is a curated bridal swimwear and accessories brand. Our swimsuits, cover-ups and bridal swimwear accessories are designed with the bride in mind and our designer Kat has incorporated all the wedding day details into our swimsuits to bring the wedding day feel into your honeymoon. Whether you are looking for a classic white swimsuit, bride bathing suit or bride swimsuit, or a complete bridal inspired swimwear look, we have you covered. We have swimsuits for the bachelorette party, wedding party swimsuits, bride and bridesmaid swimsuits, the honeymoon or your special anniversary beach trip. We want you to feel just as special as you did on your wedding day.